Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Supplements

Hello,

Let's talk supplements. Now I just have to start off by saying that they are by no means necessary! You can make so much progress without them and if they're not something you can really afford, definitely do not worry about not using them! They obviously do have their benefits otherwise people wouldn't take them, but as I said, you can make a good amount of progress without them! There is so much information on them on the internet so I'm not going to go into too much detail, but here are the supplements that I currently take and what they're for:







  • Protein- We'll start with the obvious! I currently take Protein Dynamix whey protein in NY Cheesecake flavour! Protein is needed for the growth and repair of muscles. Protein shakes are not the only way of reaching your protein goal, you can get just as good protein from food! I also have their Dynabar protein bars, Dynapro protein chocolate mousse and their protein peanut butter! If you couldn't tell, I would definitely recommend this brand!

  • BCAAs- Aka Branch Chain Amino Acids, these are the building blocks of protein. Some research has shown that BCAAs as a supplement actually don't really do anything for you but other people swear by them! They can be found in foods such as meat and dairy and can help with energy stores, protein synthesis and can reduce the rate of muscle breakdown. They also can help reduce the amount of DOMs (delayed onset muscle soreness). I currently have MyProtein's peach and mango flavour, so good!

  • Creatine Monohydrate- this is another type of amino acid that naturally occurs in the body & in meat and fish. It helps replenish your energy levels, helps build lean muscle mass and improve mental activity. I currently take this in pill form from MyProtein.

  • Omega 3- Fish oils are really good for you, especially in keeping your heart healthy. I currently take this is in pill form from MyProtein.

  • Multi-vitamin- This helps me get my daily vitamins and minerals which is important in keeping healthy in general! I currently take this in pill form from MyProtein.

  • Glucosamine Sulphate- This is useful for keeping healthy joints it is a building block for cartilage and joint tissue. I currently also take this in pill form from MyProtein.

These are what I currently take, if anything changes in future I will let you know and as I said before, they are definitely not necessary, just helpful to keep healthy and get the results I am after! Hope this was even slightly useful! 

Also I am an affiliate for Protein Dynamix so it would really mean a lot to me if you could make any purchases through the link in my instagram bio (@emappleton_)!

Emily
x

No comments:

Post a Comment