Monday, 20 March 2017

#MeetTheUKFitFam

Hello,

A few weeks ago I attended a meetup organised by GraceFitUK, LaurenFitness and Elle Darby. It was named #meettheukfitfam because it was more about meeting like minded people and making new friends rather than meeting these fitness influencers, although we did meet them and have lovely chats/pictures with them!


It was the BEST day!

We started off meeting a massive group of girls (around 20) for an amazing brunch at Le Pain Quotidien and then heading over to the venue at Easy Gym Oxford Street.

I met so many lovely girls and had so many great conversations and even sneaked in a quick leg workout! It was so nice to be able to spend the whole day talking about health & fitness related stuff without being judged or barely listened to because they don't understand! We automatically had something in common with everyone there and so everyone was really easy to talk to and it meant that we never ran out of things to talk about!

Normally I really struggle with social situations like that, I'm quite a shy/awkward person so meeting up with a group of strangers and spending the day with them would have usually done all sorts to my anxiety but for some reason it wasn't that bad. I don't know if it was because I know we all had things in common, or because I knew from talking to some of them that they were all nice girls but it was definitely one of the easiest scary things I've ever done, if that makes any sense!

All the girls are so so supportive of one another, following & interacting with instagram pictures, subscribing and watching each others Youtube accounts and reading each others blogs. It's so nice to have such a supportive and caring group of friends (I count you all as my friends, just so you know) who understand everything about this lifestyle!

I definitely think there should be more fitness meet ups to allow more friendships to blossom!

Here are some pictures from the day:











Emily
x

2 comments: