Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Tabata Workout

Hello,

After watching Brittany Lesser's youtube video, I discovered this Tabata workout. Tabata is basically a form of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio that really kicks your butt!!

There are 8 exercises, you work for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds and do it for 4 rounds.




1. Burpees
2. Jumping Jacks
3. Mountain Climbers
4. Weighted Squats
5. Kettlebell swings
6. Over the tops
7. Side plank raises
8. Ab exercise of choice

It is such hard work and makes you really hot and sweaty!



I much prefer this over steady state cardio, like running, as you get it done quickly (it takes just over 15 minutes) and it doesn't give me a headache (the last few times I've been out for runs they've given me really bad headaches, even making me sick).

I will be doing this at least once a week, hopefully more, until I get the courage back up to go out for a run again! Or maybe after this heatwave, I live in England so there is not way this heatwave will last all summer!

If you want to see how to do these all correctly with good form, watch her video.



For now, thank you and goodbye,
Emily
xx

10 comments:

  1. Love the video! Thanks for sharing


    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)
      Thanks for the comment!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  2. I really need to start exercising more so this post is really helpful for me ! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you find this helpful!
      Thanks for the comment :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm in the process of having a new workout plan!
    I think the key is to do something we love!
    I find these programs very hard to follow, so I do prefer running outside :)

    My Pretty Mess Diary by Joanne Catherine |Bloglovin|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely important to do things that you enjoy, otherwise, what is the point?! Also, then you're more likely to stick to it!
      Thank you for the comment :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a great exercise routine! thanks for sharing, I am alawys looking to change my routine all the time too!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)
      Yeah, it is good to mix it up so you don't get bored and stay passionate!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  5. looks like a good workout :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, thank you!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete