Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Progress

Hello,

Today I would like to share with you some of my progress over the last year/few months, I can't remember when all of these were taken but yeah haha
I know not all of you will find this interesting or motivating/helpful in any way but I'm feeling really body positive today and am really making progress towards loving myself!

As I have mentioned before I work pretty hard for my results, they take time and need a lot of patience. In previous posts I have said what I do for my workouts, so here are some results.

If you follow my tumblr then you will have seen most of these pictures as I document my progress more on there.







My stomach is shrinking (slowly) and my baby abs do start to show some times!
These pictures were probably a few months apart.
The picture on the left was taken a couple months a go and the one on the right was taken last week, you can kind of seen that my tummy is smaller and my quads have grown! 



I can't remember the time scale between these two but as you can see my back is so much more defined and toned!






Sorry the picture on the left is a bit dark but you can sort of see that my bicep and shoulder are more defined and bigger!



This picture was taken last night and wow I'm so proud of it, just look how strong I am! My biceps and shoulder just wow, sorry I'm so impressed with myself haha

I also wanted to talk about the non-physical results that I have gained from working out and eating healthier. I am so much more confident in myself and in my body, I feel happier most of the time, I have more energy and find everyday activities easier. It has helped my depression a lot and I feel a lot less stressed and anxious about things. As I said earlier, I am loving myself and my body more, this isn't just because my body is becoming what I want it to be but also because I am more accepting of my flaws and learning to love every part of my body and what it can do for me!

I hope this post didn't come across as vain or bragging but I am just really happy with my progress!
I also hope that this gave someone motivation, but remember you need to aim to improve your body, not because there's anything wrong with it but because you love it and want to be the best you that you can be! Additionally, don't use other peoples body as your 'goal' you are becoming a better, fitter, and healthier version of yourself!

For now, thank you and goodbye,
Emily
xx


22 comments:

  1. OMG I need to get myself into shape!! You have an amazing bod

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thank you so much! :')
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  2. You're looking amazing Em, I remember when I got really strong from working out with a PT but I have put on so much weight lately, I am moving soon, I'm hoping I will get more motivated then when I have my own kitchen again! I really love cooking.

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'The Book Mouse Suggest: A New Blogging Venture'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Yeah you probably will, but I'm sure you still look amazing now!
      Yeah, cooking is great fun!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  3. You look really good! You should be so proud of yourself. This post has also just motivated me to start working out again so thanks!
    Emily
    http://paperchainblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      And you're welcome, I'm glad that it's motivating people :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  4. What a great post :) I have recently really started to eat better and to exercise too. I have always struggled with really low energy, so I am hoping some positive changes will help me a little. I am also finding Herbal Teas a great help with anxiety :-) x x x

    http://aprilhannahblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yay, proud of you!
      Ooh great tip!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  5. Amazing! Your personage is awesome ♥ Good Luck :)
    http://lucastira.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you look great ! xo
    Can we follow eachother ? Let me know on my blog and I will follow back immediately xo

    http://gorishelena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! lovely blog too by the way :)

    Shabna xx
    Visit mine? -> scheine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has definitely inspired me to start working out again, I never thought of taking photos to document progress before - I normally go on how my clothes feel - but what a great idea!
    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad it has!
      Yeah taking pictures is great because you can look back and see how far you have come :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  9. You can really see that your hard work has paid off in these photos, your body is looking sooo much more toned! I really want to tone my body up, definitely going to have to get some sort of workout routine on the go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek thank you so much!
      You should, starting to workout is the best choice I ever made :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  10. Wow! you're doing really well! I'm trying to tone up a bit myself, but as you'll know, it's really really hard!

    theamandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!
      It is really hard but stick with it and you will get the results that you want!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  11. Shot Emily, looking STRONG!
    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete