Sunday, 12 April 2015

Healthy snack ideas

Hello,

If you're like me, then you love to snack, which can make healthy eating hard sometimes. I am always on the lookout for more healthy snacks so I thought I would share with you some of my ideas. These obviously don't have to be just snacks, sometimes I eat these as breakfast as well (I don't tend to stick to the idea that breakfast should be your biggest meal and dinner should be your smallest).

Anyways, on to the food!

Avocado on toast

This one is pretty simple:
-Slice up an avocado
-Butter some toast (preferably wholemeal bread)
-Lay the avocado on top

I used a whole avocado when I made this and that is why I used two bits of bread, usually I would just have one.


Bagel

This one is also pretty simple:
-Toast a bagel (preferable wholemeal), 
-Spread some peanut butter on
-Slice up a banana and place that on top

Again, it would be better to have just half a bagel but my mum wanted me to use it up as this was just before we went away a couple of weekends ago.


Healthy pancakes

I love pancakes so these are amazing: 
-Mash up one banana in a bowl
-Crack two eggs in and whisk them together
-Cook them in a pan like normal

I found this makes 2-3 pancakes.
I wouldn't recommend putting extra banana on top, the banana taste in the pancakes is quite strong, I just put some on top for the picture haha


I would also recommend making smoothies, they are really yummy and are a great way of getting in more fruit and veg into your diet, I made a post of my favourite recipes here.

For now, thank you and goodbye,
Emily
xx


16 comments:

  1. Great ideas! The banana and peanut butter on the bagels looks so good :) x

    Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It really is :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing. I've never tried avocado,definitely have to try soon

    Amy Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it's one of those things that not everyone likes but definitely do try it!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  3. They all look yummy but my problem is I can never be bothered to prepare something - it's just so much easier to open a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar. Definitely something I've got to work on!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I understand that, you just have to try think of the long term consequences and try find that motivation to eat healthier!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  4. Great ideas! I'll need to try out the pancakes!! :)

    http://discretedreamer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're really good!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  5. I recently got a smoothie maker and have been making them lots. Will be trying the banana pancakes and bagels though, they sound great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! I love smoothies :)
      Awesome, thanks!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  6. Yum these look delicious! Making me hungry haha xxx

    http://debsterariella.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever tried avocado on sourdough bread (toasted) with chilli flakes? It's like heaven in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, sounds great, thanks for the tip!!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  8. Love this post! I would love for you to stop by the "health" section of my blog. I think that you would enjoy it. - Seri from www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Will do, thanks!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete