Sunday, 22 February 2015

10 things that have made me happy this week

Hello,

I love reading Rosie's posts in her series '10 things that've made me happy this week' so as this week I have been doing lots of interesting things I thought I would share 10 things that have made me happy this week.
This week has been half term, obviously not for me because I'm on my gap year but for my younger brother and my mum (she's a teaching assistant) and my dad took the week off work.
Usually in this week we go skiing but for multiple reasons we didn't this year so we decided to make it as fun as we could.



1. Going to the cinema with my family to see Jupiter Ascending. We haven't been to the cinema together for ages and it was such a lovely evening. We went for dinner at Bella Italia afterwards.

2. Meeting up with one of my closest friends for coffee. She's at Reading Uni at the moment so I don't get to see her that often.

3. Going to Brighton with my parents. Walking round the lanes is always lovely, and on the pier we decided to go on the bumper cars which was a lot of fun! Also, there's the cutest little cake shop in Brighton which sells gluten free cupcakes! (picture in the collage above)

4. Relaxing and pampering myself. I bought a bath bomb from lush recently and so I lit some candles, put on some relaxing music and had a nice bath. When I got out I put on a face mask and read my book. I felt so chilled and good afterwards!

5. Going to London Zoo! Most importantly, seeing the penguins there! I will post more about that next time.

6. Going to the theatre in London. We saw The Commitments, and although we were quite far back and so felt out of the atmosphere and we felt there wasn't much of a story line, it was a lot of fun and the songs were great!

7. On Thursday, me, my brother and my dad went bowling! We haven't been in so long but it was a lot of fun. Both my brother and I got strikes on our first goes!

8. On Friday we went up to London again and this time we went to the Natural History Museum, it was very crowded and hectic but still very interesting and fun. We then wondered around Covent Garden.

9. Making our way through the X-men films. As a family we decided that, as we wanted to watch the new x-men films, we should start from the beginning and make our way through them. We're nearly finished now though!

10. I have organised to go visit my sister at Uni next week, from Wednesday to Saturday, so I am excited about that! One of my friends from school also goes to the same Uni so I will hopefully see her then too!

For now, thank you and goodbye,
Emily
xx

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time. The Natural History Museum is great, I've been a few times and want to go again! Can't wait to see the post about London Zoo!
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great! My sister was jealous that she couldn't go so I think I will be there again sometime soon!
      Thanks!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds such a lovely week Emily, it's nice you were able to spend some quality time with your family! I love visiting the museums in London but it kills your feet, what did you think of Jupiter Ascending?

    Meme xx

    New Blog Post out now:
    'Turkey Chili with Rice'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was thanks!
      Yeah the quality time was definitely needed :)
      I really enjoyed it! Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis in the same film= hotness overload haha
      Thank you!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun and wonderful week :)
    It's good to have some time with family and to have a pamper day!

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you!
      Yeah it really is :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a great week!!! I really want cupcakes now ;)
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thanks! Haha I always want cupcakes :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a perfect week to me! I love having pamper nights and movie marathons! My idea of pure bliss!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great!
      Yeah its literally perfect!
      Thanks!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, it's so great to write down thinks like that. It makes you feel positive and alive.
    Love it!
    Lots of love!
    N.Z.

    http://limitedweekend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have another great week Emily.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post, so important to focus on the good things, even if you're having a bad week.. it can totally change your mindset. Lush bombs are my ultimate pamper product, and who doesn't love a good candle? ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really is :)
      Definitely!
      Thanks
      Emily
      xx

      Delete