I love reading Rosie's posts in her series '10 things that've made me happy this week' so as this week I have been doing lots of interesting things I thought I would share 10 things that have made me happy this week.
This week has been half term, obviously not for me because I'm on my gap year but for my younger brother and my mum (she's a teaching assistant) and my dad took the week off work.
Usually in this week we go skiing but for multiple reasons we didn't this year so we decided to make it as fun as we could.
1. Going to the cinema with my family to see Jupiter Ascending. We haven't been to the cinema together for ages and it was such a lovely evening. We went for dinner at Bella Italia afterwards.
2. Meeting up with one of my closest friends for coffee. She's at Reading Uni at the moment so I don't get to see her that often.
3. Going to Brighton with my parents. Walking round the lanes is always lovely, and on the pier we decided to go on the bumper cars which was a lot of fun! Also, there's the cutest little cake shop in Brighton which sells gluten free cupcakes! (picture in the collage above)
4. Relaxing and pampering myself. I bought a bath bomb from lush recently and so I lit some candles, put on some relaxing music and had a nice bath. When I got out I put on a face mask and read my book. I felt so chilled and good afterwards!
5. Going to London Zoo! Most importantly, seeing the penguins there! I will post more about that next time.
6. Going to the theatre in London. We saw The Commitments, and although we were quite far back and so felt out of the atmosphere and we felt there wasn't much of a story line, it was a lot of fun and the songs were great!
7. On Thursday, me, my brother and my dad went bowling! We haven't been in so long but it was a lot of fun. Both my brother and I got strikes on our first goes!
8. On Friday we went up to London again and this time we went to the Natural History Museum, it was very crowded and hectic but still very interesting and fun. We then wondered around Covent Garden.
9. Making our way through the X-men films. As a family we decided that, as we wanted to watch the new x-men films, we should start from the beginning and make our way through them. We're nearly finished now though!
10. I have organised to go visit my sister at Uni next week, from Wednesday to Saturday, so I am excited about that! One of my friends from school also goes to the same Uni so I will hopefully see her then too!
For now, thank you and goodbye,