Thursday, 15 January 2015

January detox

Hello,

I am not someone who really believes in 'diets' as they have never really worked for me in the past (either gone too far or nowhere at all) and are only really short-term; however, after Christmas I always feel the need to eat extra healthily.

As I mentioned in this post I like to stay as fit and healthy as I can. This January I have decided that I do not eat enough fruit and that I would love to try having more smoothies. I am also going to try cooking some healthy recipes over the next month or two so if I feel I have done a good job, they may appear in future posts.

As for today, I would like to share some of my favourite smoothie recipes (you can pretty much just add whatever you like, with a bit of liquid if you prefer them smoother, but these some that I have done):





















I saw this recipe with celery instead of banana but we didn't have any celery in the house so I made:

-2 apples
-2 carrots
-1 banana
-Orange juice (however much you like)

Berry smoothie:

- Handful of strawberries
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of raspberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- Some ice cubes

Banana and peanut butter smoothie:

- 2 bananas
- 1 pint of milk
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter

Orange super-smoothie

-1 carrot
-1 orange
-1 banana
-1 apricot
- Some ice cubes

I find smoothies a really healthy and great thing to have pre-made so if you're running late in the morning you can have them for breakfast, or just as a healthy snack. I've been drinking a lot of smoothies so far this year!

For now, thank you and goodbye,
Emily
xx


28 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks so good!
    never thought of making a carrot and apple smoothie but this might just float my boat!
    Allie | RainyAllie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, neither had I! I just searched up different recipes and played around with the ingredients :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  2. Great recipe it looks yummy

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love smoothies! The peanut butter one sounds like heaven, I'm going to try that!
    Thanks for the ideas

    Meme xx
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! You're welcome :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  4. That smoothie looks so healthy and yummy! :)
    -------------------

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smoothie looks great. Thanks for sharing different recipes

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah loved this post! I just stumbled upon your blog today and this was super interesting - I am always so scared to start detoxing/health regime in the new year as I feel like I always give up on my good intentions so easily! :P :P

    http://makeitraynex.com/ - newborn blog still

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'm not really 'detoxing' just adding smoothies into my normal healthy diet :)
      I understand that worry but you'll never know if you never try! Just keep trying and find a way that you enjoy and you'll be more likely to stick to it!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the recipes! It looks really yummy! :-)

    Laura | Blonde & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it was, thanks!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  8. I've been making a lot of smoothies recently so I'll have to try some of these recipes out!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post and ideas.

    Check my new post - AVON presents new lipstick: http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/01/avon.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks amazing, definelty going to try this tomorrow before I go to the gym :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Go for it!
      Followed :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  11. Nice blog. Like them. Let me know if you like to follow each other:

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will follow you now!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  12. I will never have the will power to do a detox, but I love a good juice just to add an injection of goodness into your day. These recipes look delicious lovely, definitely giving them a go :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really detoxing, just eating a healthy diet and adding smoothies!
      Thank you, enjoy!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  13. wow very inspiring blog! :) I really love what you do! I'm a fan! :) Keep up the great work.

    www.officialzalona.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thats so sweet :)
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  14. So glad I've read this as I'm just about to make a smoothie now! Love the sound of the first one with apples and carrots, never have thought about carrots before! How much would you say they make? xx
    http://emilyjanewebb.blogspot.com/2014/07/mango-fruit-juice-smoothie.html (smoothie recipe on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah great timing!
      It was really good! It obviously depends how much you put in and how much liquid you put in but if i remember correctly that one I made filled up 4 or 5 of those glasses in the picture :)
      Thanks!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete